Happy thanksgiving everyone! What a wonderful idea to look back through our journey and look at all the people to thank for in our lives and appreciate every step taken that helped us where we are all now. If you missed it, make sure to check out my Golden Episode, where I give my thanks and talk about the lessons I’ve learnt along my journey.
Today, Marcus Sheridan of TheSalesLion.com inspires us of how he travelled from a blue collar job to where he is today. Owning a successful company in the pool industry didn’t come to him in an instant.
Indeed, there were a lot of trials and obstacles along the way. Let’s listen to his journey as he tells us the story of his life, of how he discovered Content and Inbound Marketing, and how he became known for the talent that he has, that is of speaking and teaching in front of his audience.
His passion and faith in himself brought so much success to his life. It took so much effort and patience to finally be where he is right now.
[unordered_list style="tick"] Other stuff we talked about in today’s podcast are:
- Taking a stand and being passionate about it.
- What to “will success” means.
- How telling stories can be powerful.
- Getting your audience to understand your message.
He regards himself as a “teacher,” the very reason why he pushed himself and “willed success” in speaking and teaching in conferences like Mesh Marketing, Blog World, and a few others. The guts this man has in pushing himself to do what he wants and what he is passionate about is just so inspirational.
- The Sales Lion - Marcus Sheridan’s blog where he talks a lot about Content and Inbound Marketing
- River, Pools and Spas – Marcus Sheridan’s own website, one of the top swimming pool websites in the world.
- Inbound and Content Marketing Made Easy – Marcus Sheridan’s free resource, biggest free e-book written on Content and Inbound Marketing