In this episode, I cover the following . . .
It looks like I might be heading to Columbia in a few days. If everything works out, I’ll be spending about 2 weeks there.
Then, I talk about the purpose of the hotline I set up (888-835-2414). When you call and leave a question, I answer it on the podcast, not via a personal call.
It’s the best way I know to contribute value to the most amount of people as possible.
Tai called in a question about how to develop an effective email marketing campaign. Here are the tips I gave:
- Focus on providing value
- Focus on building a relationship with your subscribers
- Ask yourself what your audience wants to know, and share that info with them
- In terms of how often to email your subscribers, try something and test the response. See what works for you and then go with that.
Then I talk about the struggles I’m having constructing my dreamline as a part of the Mastermind Group.
Lastly I answer the questions at the end of Chapter 2 of the 4 Hour Workweek. Here are the questions and my answers:
What’s the worse that can happen if I were to follow my dream (in my case, building a massive online business)?
- My online business can fail
- I can loose my job and not have any money
- My wife and I can have a child and not have enough money to support that child
- Not have enough money to pay the bills
What steps could you take to repair the damage or get things back on the upswing, even if temporarily?
- Find a new job as a teacher.
- Go back to school and get a degree
- Find odd jobs
- Do some consulting work
What are the more positive possibilities that can happen?
- My business explodes
- Making much more Passive income
- Freedom to travel and see the world
- Have enough money to help people
- Change the world
If I was fired today, what would I do to get things under financial control?
- Not as much of a problem for me today
- I could probably make more money if I weren’t working
- Live off my online income
- However, I love teaching, and I believe that God has me where I am for a specific purpose.
- Would have to cut back on expenses like wireless internet, iPhone with maximum plan, consolidate my websites, get on shared hosting
- Stop traveling as much, until things picked up.
What am I putting off out of fear?
- Nothing really. I’m no longer afraid because I see the possibilities that are out there and I’m gaining the knowledge to do something about it.
- My goal is not to quit my job right now. I don’t have a problem with jobs. I have a problem with depending solely on that.
What is it costing me to postpone action?
- I’m no longer postponing, just trying to prioritize