Because of an exciting announcement (at least it was exciting to me) and I get to talk about a topic that I’m very passionate about.
Here are the Announcements:
- Learning with Leslie is now in the iTunes Podcast directory. I was a little concerned after reading around online about how long it would take. I submitted it on Sunday and it is there today (Wednesday). 3 days isn’t that bad. So go ahead and Subscribe in iTunes, leave a review and rate the podcast. That will help others learn about it. You can easily access the page by going to LeslieOnItunes.com, and then viewing it in iTunes to leave a review.
- Every episode I’ve recorded so far has been downloaded by hundreds of people from 53 different countries, even though it wasn’t submitted to the directory, which is pretty exciting.
Then, I answer two questions that were left by John from AskJohnEnglish.com. His questions were:
- How should he go about outsourcing the development of a WordPress theme for his site?
- How can I legally post videos of my classes on my Biology Website?
Then I get into the meat of the episode, where I talk about Social Media by dealing with the concepts written about in Gary Vaynerchuk’s 2 books: Crush it and The Thank You Economy. With Google making Algorithm changes every so often that can impact your online business significantly (positive or negative), it’s important to build a business that will last regardless of what they decide to do.
To summarize what I deal with, here are the main points I deal with which I draw from the two books:
- In this book, Gary tells his story and talks in detail about how he grew Wine Library TV into a MASSIVE online presence in the Wine Community.
- I talk about creating a brand and growing your online business
- Put great content out there and then go into the internet trenches.
- I talk about how to provide Value and build a business that will last
It’s never a bad time to start a business unless you’re starting a mediocre business. – Gary Vaynerchuk
The Thank You Economy
- If you want to build a business in today’s “Thank You Economy”, you have to CARE about your customers (or website visitors) and employees.
- Build a strong sense of community around your brand
- Allow that community to help shape your business (but not control it)
- Use Social media to spread your message and grow your business
Those are the bullet points, but in the podcast, I go through the “how to’s”. Check it out, and let me know what you think. Leave me a comment and call the hotline at (888) 835 – 2414
Resources mentioned in this Episode
- Crush it
- The Thank You Economy
- Audible (get the audiobook version for Free)
- Woothemes (specifically the Canvas Theme)
- Thesis Theme