In this episode:
If you are tech geek like myself, here are the details of the equipment I use in the studio and what I use them for:
- Macbook Pro – Show notes, and conducting skype interviews
- Macbook – Playing the sound effects and music
- Edirol R09 HR – Digital recorder for recording the episodes
- Rode Procaster Mic – to speak into
- Mackie 1402-VLZ3 – to Mix everything together
- Adam A7 Studio Monitors – To hear everything with amazing quality
- Extreme Isolation Headphones – To listen to everything while recording without any spill into the mic
- Wacom Tablet – For drawing on my Biology Videos
- Samsung Monitor – Because everything looks better on a bigger screen
- Painting of my wife – For inspiration (:
- St. Maarten Flag – to remind me of where I came from!
Then I respond to some of the voicemail that was left on the hotline. By the way, if you ever have an internet marketing question, feel free to call in at (888) 835 – 2414.
Establishing an Online Identity
Tai from Traveltostlucia.com called in to ask how to have an online identity when you are a very private person that doesn’t like people to know everything about you.
I respond to Tai’s question by talking about how I chose my online identity, and why I’ve started making the changes I’ve made recently. To sum up my feelings of the topic, it all comes down to you making a decision, and that’s a personal one. You need to weigh the pros and cons, how it affects your family, and what you are trying to accomplish with your online business.
Marketing a Children’s Book
Cheryl calls in from London to ask how to market a Children book, since she’s not a published author. She has written for a news paper and wants to know how to market it when she is not a published author.
I give suggestions as to what you need to take into account when starting ANY marketing campaign and talk about how important it is to know, and understand, your target audience.
Managing your time and Growing your Business
Tai calls in again to ask how to manage your time and maintain the right focus when working 40 – 50 hours/week, and how to know what to do and when to do it.
This is where I spend the bulk of the time, because it’s something that I’ve thought A LOT about over the last few years. I talk about issues that I’ve faced with managing my time, especially while having a full time job with many demands. I then go through the steps that I recommend as to HOW to manage your time.
Once again, I’d like to emphasize that if you have ANY internet Marketing Questions, call the hotline at (888) 835 – 2414.
Resource Mentioned in this Episode
- Self Control – Mac-only program to block websites for a specified period of time.
That’s it for this episode, and I’ll see you in the next one